Patient, Client and Partners Council
The Patient, Client and Partners Council (PCPC) as part of the HPE OHT will co-design and collaborate with community health and social services to ensure that patients, families, and caregivers are at the center of delivering integrated, transparent, inclusive, and equitable health care and social services.
The term “Partners” is inclusive of Patients, Clients, Families, Caregivers, and Peers.
The PCPC embraces and adheres to the following working guidelines:
- Committed to the HPE OHT shared purpose, guiding principles, and strategic priorities.
- Work in a respectful, professional, collaborative, and empowering manner to model excellent diversity and equity practices.
- Recognize and respect the diversity of personal experiences, skills, expertise, communication styles, and leadership styles within the group.
- Be champions for health equity and inclusion as a key component of our work.
- Ensure transparency and accountability in communication to our communities.
Objectives of the PCPC
The PCPC’s core objectives include but are not limited to:
- Share unique perspectives and amplify diverse voices as part of PCPC’s solutions and decision-making processes.
- Identify opportunities for enhanced community engagement.
- Champion the HPE Ontario Health Team.
- Ensure alignment to the principles defined and adopted by the Collaborative.
- As partners, participate in co-designing, monitoring and refining initiatives identified by the HPE OHT, Action Groups, Stewardship Group and Collaborative.
- Adopt a “plan while doing” approach to the work of the PCPC and HPE OHT, as it evolves.
- Conduct recruitment and support new members.
- Develop a living work plan.
- Commit to highlighting our concerns by helping to identify barriers in transitions within health care; by identifying systemic barriers to equitable health care; and assisting in building HPE OHT to provide quality, timely and seamless health care to our communities.
- Leverage knowledge from the community and existing networks.
- Champion Health Digital Equity.
- Equip diverse members of our community interested in co-designing solutions with education, tools, techniques, and information needed to be an effective partner.
Read our Patient, Client and Partners Engagement Strategy (Pdf) to learn more about how we’re engaging with patients, clients and caregivers and ensuring that these critical voices remain at the core of local health care decisions.